|Version 64 (modified by sebest, 7 years ago)|
Welcome to Avahi!
What is it ?
Avahi is a system which facilitates service discovery on a local network. This means that you can plug your laptop or computer into a network and instantly be able to view other people who you can chat with, find printers to print to or find files being shared. This kind of technology is already found in Apple MacOS X (branded Rendezvous, Bonjour and sometimes Zeroconf) and is very convenient. Avahi is mainly based on Lennart Poettering's flexmdns mDNS implementation for Linux which has been discontinued in favour of Avahi.
- 2006-08-26: We have released Service-discovery-applet 0.4.2. ( Change Log)
- 2006-08-25: We have released Avahi 0.6.13! This is a bugfix release (Change Log)
- 2006-08-08: Our take on the recent Apple Bonjour license change
- 2006-07-22: We have released Avahi 0.6.12! This is a bugfix release (Change Log)
- 2006-07-06: Due to heavy spamming we had to disable anonymous ticket posting. Please make sure to create a Trac account (Using "Register" in the button bar above) before posting a bug or making changes to an existing one. We are very sorry that we have to enforce this!
- 2006-05-05: We have released Avahi 0.6.10! This is an important security sensitive bug fix release. Everyone should update ASAP. (Change Log; CVE-2006-2288; CVE-2006-2889)
- 2006-04-01: We have released Service-discovery-applet 0.4.1.