|Version 24 (modified by anonymous, 7 years ago)|
Welcome to Avahi
What is it ?
Avahi is a system which facilitates service discovery on a local network. This means that you can plug your laptop or computer into a network and instantly be able to view other people who you can chat with, find printers to print to or find files being shared. This kind of technology is already found in MacOS X (branded 'Rendezvous', 'Bonjour' and sometimes 'Zeroconf') and is very convenient. Avahi is mainly based on Lennart Poettering's flexmdns mDNS implemenation for Linux which has been discontinued in favour of Avahi.
- 2005-01-06: We have released Avahi 0.6.2! This is a bug fix release only. Avahi now has its own Domain, a new Website, and a new Logo!
- 2005-11-24: We have released Avahi 0.6.1! This is a bug fix release only
- 2005-11-18: We have released Avahi 0.6 "Goddag"!
- 2005-10-28: Hourly snapshots of Avahi and libdaemon are now available for download in the Development section.
- 2005-10-03: We have released Avahi 0.5.2! This is a bug fix release only
- 2005-09-30: We have released Avahi 0.5.1! This is a bug fix release only
- 2005-09-14: We have released Avahi 0.5 "Bom Dia"!
- 2005-09-08: We have released Avahi 0.4 "Hyvää päivää"!
- 2005-09-03: We have released Avahi 0.3 "Buenos Días"!
- 2005-08-29: We have released Avahi 0.2 "Dzień Dobry"!
- 2005-08-25: Linux Weekly News features an article about us
- 2005-08-22: We have released Avahi 0.1 "Guten Tag"!