Milestone Avahi 0.6.18
Completed 6 years ago (04/18/07 22:59:09)
This is a bugfix release, adds a few new features and includes a new component.
- Add a new library libavahi-ui which contains a standard Gtk dialog for browsing for services, and a new tool "zssh" that makes use of it, which allows browsing for SSH and VNC servers and starts ssh or xvncviewer if one item is selected.
- avahi-autoipd has been ported to FreeBSD (original patch from Bruce M Simpson)
- Improve OpenBSD, Solaris, MacOS X compatibility
- Linux inotify support for monitoring /etc/avahi/services/ and /etc/avahi/hosts for changes. (Original patch from "behanw")
- Add the ability to dump the service type database from avahi-browse with the new option "-b".
- Enable GCC stack smashing protection if available and working (Patch from tedp)
- Improve compatibility with Bonjour's libdns_sd (patch from Chris Rivera)
- Various updates to the service type database (based on patches from uws)
- Fix a local DoS vulnerability (very low priority, all you can do is make Avahi hit an assert()); problem identified by "jamesh"
- Fix a problem when constantly generating conflict events for an RR
- Fix registration of very large RRs (original patch from Sjoerd Simons)
- Various minor fixes
This release is backwards compatible with Avahi 0.6.x with x < 18.